From Tuttle SVC
If you would like to try out the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) system for yourself, follow these simple steps:
1. Download the VMware Player installer and run it;
2. Download the VMWare Image file: (Bittorrent, original, mirror) and unzip it somewhere handy;
3. Navigate to the unzipped files and double click on the olpc™ VMware Configuration File;
4. Tell the player it is ok to change the system’s UUID and click through the error messages;
5. You should have a fresh simulated XO laptop. Have fun messing with it.
I’ve mirrored the 136MB image here, but I strongly suggest downloading the bittorrent if you can.